Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Reboot licence Level

exo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an ASA1001 that I need to add some Q-in-Q interfaces on.  The 'second-dot1q' command is currently not recognised which I'm assuming is because I'm running ipbase at the moment.  (I'm pretty nooby on licencing on Cisco so apologies if this is a dumb question).

When I run show ver I get: 

License Package Information for Module:'asr1001'

Module name   Image level          Pri   Config Valid license       
------------------------------------------------------------------------
asr1001       adventerprise        1     YES    adventerprise       
              advipservices        2     NO     advipservices       
              ipbase               3     NO     ipbase              

Module name   Current Level        Reboot Level        
------------------------------------------------------------------------
asr1001       ipbase               ipbase              

I assume that means that and adventerprise licence is present and I just need to boot to it?  'show licence file' only lists the ipbase licence though.

My assumption from reading the docs/google was that I could run '

license boot module asr1001 group all level adventerprise' to boot to it but that doesn't change the 'Reboot level' or seem to have an effect other than changing 'Config' to 'yes' in the above snippet.

Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

lespejel
Level 3
Level 3

Hello @exo

it's not that simple, you need to check why the license is not enabled, perhaps it's present but not enabled, or perhaps it's not present at all.

On any case, the process to enable the feature you need is to activate the license, if you don't have the license present, then you need to purchase it, and they'll send you a PAK file or validation file to add it to your router, after this you can activate the software.

All the processes and variants are described in this document, and you can check licensing with show license detail.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/csa/configuration/xe-16/csa-xe-16-book/csa-cfg-sw-activation.html

CCIE 52804

mehdi.sadighian
Level 1
Level 1

do this:

license boot level adventerprise

platform hardware throughput level 36000000

reload

mehdi.sadighian@hotmail.com
http://msadighain.com