Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3845 maximum E1 support ...

Omid Almasieh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone ,

I just want to know how many E1s can cisco 3845 routers support?

Warm regards,

7 Replies 7

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Omid,

a C3845 supports 4 HWIC modules,

each HWIC module supports 4 WIC or VIC or VWIC

each VWIC supports 2 E1

also if you want to use the E1 for voice the limit is given by DSP resources in PVDM2 in order to support B channels of each E1 PRI

this can result in a lower limit for Voice E1

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi giuslar ,

tnx for reply ,I have one Cisco 3845 router with 4 NM-2ce1t1-pri modules installed in it(8 E1s),but now i need more E1 ,so i wanna add some new HWIC E1 interface cards,but im not sure that 3845 can support more than 8 E1 or not ?

Warm regards,

Omid

Hello Omid,

it is still not clear how you use the E1 PRI ports.

Voice services or data services over ISDN?

in the first case the number of DSPs installed counts

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/product_data_sheet0900aecd80169812.pdf

Hope to help

Giuseppe

giuslar ,

I wanna use all E1s just for data services,but im not sure they can handle 10 E1!!!!

Hello Omid,

the question is that network modules like the ones you have already installed are independent they do not require or rely on other modules.

the HWIC may require to install DSPs in PVDMs even if used only for data services.

HWIC-2CE1T1-PRI=

2 port channelized T1/E1 and  PRI HWIC (data only)

Hope to help

Giuseppe

tnx ....

Dear Omid ,

I have facing same problem , the case is that I have one router 3845 with NM-2ce1t1-pri. now we have to install new HWIC-2CE1T1-PRI

and change the IOS to 12.24 (20)T but card is not detect what can i do ?

Card is ok because it shows in show inventory. so pls support

Thanks

MAK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: