Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco BNG Per-Service accounting

Nasser Heidari
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've 7201-NPE-G2 running as a BRAS. currently all my accouting data is calulate using accouting information that I recieve from BRAS.

I have a Server farm and I want to have per-user accouting infomarion for all traffic from/to my server farm.

As far as I know I should be able to do this using Cisco ISG, I'm not sure but it looks that I should create two service per account, one for Internet and one for access to my server farm (lets call it walled garden), and recieve different accouting information for each of them.

Would you please kindly give me a sample configuration?

Regards,

Nasser

4 Replies 4

Manuel Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nasser,

Indeed, if you need differentiated accounting for different services, ISG is a good approach. As you mentioned, you can defined N services depending on your requirements and apply accounting feature on those in order to do per service accounting.

To have a better idea of your current setup, could you let me know if you are currently using ISG at all? Are you familiarized with it? What tpe of sessions are we talking about here (IP, PPPoE, VPDN)? Could you please share your current configuration?

Best regards.

Dear Manuel,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for being late in updateing this post.

- I haven't started to use ISG as I didn't have a clear Idea about ISG services.

- I've read about ISG recently and now I'm familiar with it.

- I'm going to setup ISG for PPPoE and wireless clients (IP Session)

I have stored all my user confiurations in a DB and I'm going to use freeradius as ISG Policy server, so Freeradius can get user data from DB and deliver to ISG.

AFAIK I should define control policy on BRAS so it will create a session for each subscriber, then I'll need to create my services on ISG or Radius.

what I want to need to know is that is it possible to define multiple services on ISG router and activate multiple services for each subscriber but with different QoS policy for each subscriber?

For example:

I have defined two services on ISG:

class-map type traffic match-any VPN

match access-group output name VPN_OUT

match access-group input name VPN_IN

!

class-map type traffic match-any DOWNLOAD_CENTER

match access-group input name DC_IN

match access-group output DC_OUT

!

policy-map type service vpn

class type traffic VPN

police input 5120000

police output 5120000

!

!

policy-map type service download

class type traffic DOWNLOAD_CENTER

police input 256000

police output 256000

!

!

Now using control policy , I can activate both of the vpn and download services for subscriber, what I want is that to be able to say , customer1 can use vpn service with 1Mb and download with 2Mb , and set another rate for the other customer.

Regards,

Nasser

Hi Nasser,

If you need to set different rates in the police statement, then you will need to define different services, each one with the rate you need for each customer. Of course, if 2 or more customers are supposed to use the same rate, you can reuse services. 

I hope this clarifies your doubt.

Best regards.

Alireza Karimi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nasser

Were you able to have different accountings based on different IP addresses that your users communicate with?

Colud you please share your configuration?

Thanks