cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[Cisco FAQ] - My D9854 / D9858 will not allow me to do a Factory reset, it is asking for a Password.

Rajat Gupta
Level 1
Level 1
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Wojtczak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To do a factory reset on the IRD the lock level must be set to 0, if it is not level 0 then you will need to change the lock level.

To change the lock level go to Setup, Admin and arrow over to password. Enter the password, for a unassigned unit this is 1234, for a ATP unit this is 8390.

If neither of these work it means that your service provider has the unit locked and you will need to contact the service provider.

Once you have entered the correct password you can then go select Lock Level and change to zero. Once the lock level is zero you can then go down the menu and select factory reset, this will put the unit to the factory settings.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joseph Wojtczak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To do a factory reset on the IRD the lock level must be set to 0, if it is not level 0 then you will need to change the lock level.

To change the lock level go to Setup, Admin and arrow over to password. Enter the password, for a unassigned unit this is 1234, for a ATP unit this is 8390.

If neither of these work it means that your service provider has the unit locked and you will need to contact the service provider.

Once you have entered the correct password you can then go select Lock Level and change to zero. Once the lock level is zero you can then go down the menu and select factory reset, this will put the unit to the factory settings.

I had lost my pin and i could not reset my unit as well. I did some digging and if you use Putty and Telnet it you your system you can do a factory reset there. Once you telnet in use your admin and related password. its going to start spitting out a ton of lines of code once you do this is normal. Once there you can use the following command: "reset factory" that should get you back to factory defaults. Side note you can type "help" in the telnet session for more commands.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: