Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collection Manager Red Hat VMware

Hello,

My client is asking if the Red Hat Server that Collection Manager  is installed for the SCE platform supports VMware. I have read the installation guide of the collection manager but does not state anything. Is it ok to install in VMware?

TIA, Nicos Nicolaides
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chaker BCHIR
Level 1
Level 1

Before I went to the client, I installed CM & Sybase in a VMware wich contains Red Hat Linux as an OS.

(My computer's OS is Windows and I had installed VMware in it)

It worked well with me.

When I went to my client, I installed directly CM in Red Hat Linux which was the only OS of his server.

I diden't like VMware, my client also

View solution in original post

Collection Manager 3.6.0 is not officially supported on VMWare but it is known to work.  If you face a problem with CM that is caused by VMWare, it will not be fixed.  You are still allowed to open a TAC case, and hope the problem you are facing is not due to VMWare (a bit risky though).

Collection Manager 3.6.5, however, will be officially supported:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/cable/serv_exch/serv_control/broadband_app/rel36x/cmrn/cm_rn_36x.html#wp1059749

As you can see, 3.6.5 documentation is already on Cisco.com, the software will be published very soon.

Tom

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chaker BCHIR
Level 1
Level 1

Before I went to the client, I installed CM & Sybase in a VMware wich contains Red Hat Linux as an OS.

(My computer's OS is Windows and I had installed VMware in it)

It worked well with me.

When I went to my client, I installed directly CM in Red Hat Linux which was the only OS of his server.

I diden't like VMware, my client also

Thanks for the reply but i am concerned about support from Cisco. I wouldn't like it if Cisco refused to open a TAC case just because i installed Red Hat in VM.

Again thanks for your reply, the client wants to install in on VMware so wish me luck .

TIA, Nicos Nicolaides

Collection Manager 3.6.0 is not officially supported on VMWare but it is known to work.  If you face a problem with CM that is caused by VMWare, it will not be fixed.  You are still allowed to open a TAC case, and hope the problem you are facing is not due to VMWare (a bit risky though).

Collection Manager 3.6.5, however, will be officially supported:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/cable/serv_exch/serv_control/broadband_app/rel36x/cmrn/cm_rn_36x.html#wp1059749

As you can see, 3.6.5 documentation is already on Cisco.com, the software will be published very soon.

Tom

Thank you, that was i was looking for.

TIA, Nicos Nicolaides
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: