Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSU/DSU CLOCK RATE

Hello everyone, a technical question of the "csu" is not clear to me. The book icnd2 says: "" "The router, acting as DTE (data terminal equipment), is controlled by the clocking signals from the
CSU (DCE). That is, the CSU tells the router when to send and receive bits; the router attempts to send and receive bits only when the DCE creates the correct
electrical impulses (called clocking) on the cable. Figure 13-7 shows a diagram of those main concepts of the role of the CSU / DSU. ""

When it says that the router is controlled by the clocking signal to determine when it can send and receive data, are the signal clocking and the clock rate (used automatically to determine the speed of the real physical network) the same thing? Or is signal clocking simply a clock signal that serves to time the router when to send and receive data?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

After a few days turning over the internet I was able to find the answer. Clocking is the signal used to synchronize the circuitry from the csu to the router interface. The csu through clocking takes control of the interface by dictating the times for sending and receiving data. At the same time, the csu after analyzing the properties of the telco network, provides the router interface with the speed with which it will have to transmit if there are corrections to be made on my analysis are well

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

After a few days turning over the internet I was able to find the answer. Clocking is the signal used to synchronize the circuitry from the csu to the router interface. The csu through clocking takes control of the interface by dictating the times for sending and receiving data. At the same time, the csu after analyzing the properties of the telco network, provides the router interface with the speed with which it will have to transmit if there are corrections to be made on my analysis are well