cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

D9036 Temperature

David Walton
Level 1
Level 1

How do I get or show the internal temperatures of a D9036 Encoder?

4 Replies 4

Taeho Choi
Level 1
Level 1
For the D9036, there is no tool available to collect the temperature information.
However,D9036 can generate an alarm whenever the temperature is
out of range. If the temperature is approaching the lower limit for safe operation, a low
temperature alarm will be generated. If the temperature is approaching the upper limit for
safe operation, a high temperature alarm will be generated.  The alarm is cleared when the
temperature returns to the normal range.

Whereas for DCM, there is tool as part of the release package which allows you to retrieve the internal temperatures of the device.  The tool is located in the ..\Tools\CollectTemps folder.  There is a 'ReadMe' file which guides you through the installation and usage of the tool.  As you'll see, to collect the information, the user used by the tool should have FTP access (see on the DCM gui on the 'Security->OS Accounts' tab page). The tool will store the result in a "Temperatures_.txt" file. Remark, the DCM can also generate an alarm whenever the temperature exceeds a certain value.  You can find the details of the different temperature alarms in the manual

Hope this clear your question

SSH into the D9036 and type in "sensors". This give a comprehensive display of all the internal temperatures, fan speeds and voltages.

David Walton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Taeho,

I have a high temperature alarm on power supply 2 of a D9036. There are 6 x D9036 installed in the same rack and this is the only one giving an alarm.

The room is a little warm at 27 degrees and what I'm trying to do is see if the temparatures of all the D9036 are all close to the alarm threshold or if this power supply is the only one with a problem and is faulty. It is also giving a Power supply 2 fail alarm.

Surely with the sophistication of the D9036, there is an internal temperature you can access with telnet

Hi Adam

I will contact you shortly

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: