cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does anyone have some documentation of UBR10-PRE5?

Hele Du
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

As my attention, I found there was a upgrade of UBR10012 that PRE5 has coming.

I want to know some detail information of PRE5.

Does anyone have some documentation or PPT of UBR10-PRE5?

Please share it with me......

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are 8 10G sfp+ ports on the PRE5. 4 can be used as uplinks, making space for the new 3G-SPA in the SIP-600, and 4 can be used as cross connect to a secondary PRE for redundancy.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Thank you for your answer...Ivan.

I had read that document and datasheet of PRE5 before.

Is the board-to-board port function is make connection between two PRE5?

Is the board-to-board port can be able to a uplink port?

There are 8 10G sfp+ ports on the PRE5. 4 can be used as uplinks, making space for the new 3G-SPA in the SIP-600, and 4 can be used as cross connect to a secondary PRE for redundancy.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi all ,

Does anyone know if can old power supply UBR10-PWR-AC work with PRE5 ?

I have  4x 3g60 and 2x PRE4 , and want to change to PRE5 .

Thanks 

Hi Startx001,

You can check use command show environment and look your power consumption. If it's less than 2400 W *please note, your power will be average if you have 2 UBR10-PWR-AC.

Make sure if you sum Power A and B will be less than 2400 W.

If it's more than 2400W, please replace with UBR10-PWR-AC-plus to make sure the redundancy works.

So it will works with  UBR10-PWR-AC and  power consumption will be splited across two of them?

I have two  UBR10-PWR-AC.

Any Cisco documents about that ?

BR

VZ

Yes, it works.

It will split. 2 when you have 2, but remember, it is a rendundacy power module. So, you should aware when 1 power had a problem.

But, if you had full card, i think you will have power consumtion more than 2400 W. Last month, I upgraded

UBR10-PWR-AC to UBR10-PWR-AC-plus in a CMTS box that use PRE5

Hi,

Thank a lot. Just one more question if you remember . How much  power consumption you had when you inserted PRE5 with  UBR10-PWR-AC and what/how much cards you have ?

Thanks

VZ

Hi,

When I use PRE5 (2 Unit), MC20x20 8 Cards, 1 unit SPA-UBR10-DS-HD, and 2 units SPA-5x1. The consumstion is about 2600 W.

Hi,

As I attention, the max power of PRE4 and PRE5 are 210W and 248W respectively.

So from your environment I think the old power supply can support upgrade.

But please see datasheet of PRE5, there have some hardware requirements.

First of all is newer power supply which are UBR10-PWR-ACPLUS and UBR10-PWR-DC-PLUS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/video/ps8806/ps5684/ps2209/data_sheet_c78-728258.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: