Views
Helpful
Replies

high latency & low browsing quality

Abdulhadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are ISP Transit and receiving complaints from our customers regarding High Latency issues. they send us the two attached traceroute test During the Latency issue and after the issue, When comparing the tests, we notice that there is delay before reaching our Router(IP:197.215.149.245), inside my customer network. when the link work normal there is no delay in their internal network.

My question is:

If this delay will affects the next hops and whether the Latency issues due their internal network?

We'd like to know if there are troubleshooting test on ASR9K router port I can perform to help us troubleshooting delay and High Latency issues?

BR,

1 Reply 1

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

When the issue occurs, have you done the test from your router to see/validate the issue isn't on your side?
Can you check with your customer, when the issue occurs, to give you some output like cpu , sh interfaces...
Can he test doing the same traceroutes from the router and from a host? Based on the output, they've been done on different devices.
There's a congestion somewhere but we need to take snapshots ay different point of the network.
Quite sure the issue isn't on your side but we need validation before to say that 100% sure.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question