Views
Helpful
Replies

How configure static subscriber in SCE?

daniel.espi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'd like to know how can I conifgure static subscribers directly in SCE. I don´t found any guide where i can see any command to do that.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Tom Debruyne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Create a csv file with your subscriber(s) and import it in the SCE:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/cable/serv_exch/serv_control/broadband_app/rel36x/swcfg2000/Managing_Subscribers.html#wp1051706

Cheers,

Tom

Hello Tom,

it´s difficult to manage static subscribers importing CSV files, do you know if there is other way? Is it possible to create static subscriber with CLI commands, at the same way as anonymous groups?

Regards

Hi Daniel,

You can create a subscriber from the CLI,

SCE(config if)#>subscriber name tom property name packageId value 1

but you can't assign any mapping to it, so it is not of much use in your case.  I think that the easiest way will still be importing CSV file.

If you open one telnet session to a ftp server and one to the SCE, it should be actually pretty easy.

On the FTP server, open the CSV file and add the subscribers with their packageId and mappings after saving the file, run the below command on the SCE

SCE(config if)#>subscriber import csv-file ftp://:@/subscribers.csv

Cheers,

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: