cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to assign a static ipv6 address over ppp for PPPoE via radius server

1eumyspace9
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, trying to find out how to assign a ipv6 static address for PPPoE with have a l2tp tunnel to a lac with local LNS authenticating end users via a radius server, the only way I can get this to work is by statically assigning a ipv6 address to the dialer interface on the CPE

Is there a better way to do this? the goal is to have the static ipv6 address in radius (the same as ipv4 would be)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In radius the framed-IPv6-Prefix /64 attribute together with the Framed-Interface-Id did indeed do the trick I used the last 64 bits in the framed-Interface-Id 0:0:0:1 gave me a /128 address on the CPE via ipv6cp

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't know the answer to your question, but this looks pretty close to what you need.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/ipv6/configuration/xe-3s/ipv6-xe-36s-book/ip6-adsl-dial.html#GUID-D3135236-3B94-4DAD-B671-548E0DAA3EDF

Note that you delete a static prefix rather than an IPv6 address itself.

Yes I think a framed ip prefix and Framed-Interface-Id attribute together might do the trick, will do some more reading over the wk end

Regards

Eric

In radius the framed-IPv6-Prefix /64 attribute together with the Framed-Interface-Id did indeed do the trick I used the last 64 bits in the framed-Interface-Id 0:0:0:1 gave me a /128 address on the CPE via ipv6cp

Yehah.  If you think my answer help would you mind giving me some rating points, or even mark it as correct?  :-)