Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Insight 2.0 with CM 3.6.5/Sybase

I'm trying to get Insight 2.0 working with my CM 3.6.5 running a Sybase database.

I've tried to use the same credentials and database name that my SCABB Reporter is using by default:

• Username/Password
    • pqb_admin
  • Port
  • Database
    • Tds

However when I enter all this into Insight under the Remote database, it doesn't seem to work.  Am I missing something?  Do I have to configure anything in any config files in the Tomcat/Apache dir?

Also I can't seem to be able to add any users to the system as the 'save' button always stays greyed out in the user manager.

- Zachary

2 Replies 2

Tom Debruyne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Zachary,

Have you followed this part of the documentation?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/cable/serv_exch/serv_control/broadband_app/insight/rel20/install_guide/chapter1.html#wp1053232

It is not very clear, but what it means is that you need to copy the file ~scmscm/cm/config/dbpacks/sybase/ase12.5.1/jconn3.jar from the Collection Manager to the insight server in the following directory: [user home directory]/Insightv2/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/webapps/insight/WEB-INF/lib

Then, restart insight.

Does that help?

Tom

Fabian Prosman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Zachary,

I had the same issue the other day.

I realize that Java was not given the right to access remote server so I ended up adding this snippet in the cataliny.policy file:

grant {

permission java.net.SocketPermission ":4100", "connect", "resolve";

};

After restarting the Tomcat the connection was successful.

Cheers,

Fabian