Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Leased line

Hello everyone on the book icdn 1 ccent / ccna there is this sentence about leased lines such as T1: "The telco installs cables from the CO to most every other building in the city, expecting to sell ser-vices to the people in those buildings one day. "In homes, if I want an ADSL service, I contact the ISP I make a contract and they come to install the splitter and then create the connection with the telephone network. (So the physical network exists). There are two questions: 1) If I from the same home (which suddenly becomes a lawyer's office), if I wanted to connect this to the headquarters with a leased / dedicated line, according to what is marked in quotation marks, should there already be a physical path from my former home to the central office? homes does the telco not create the path (it only creates it for companies) but only on request? 2) If there is no underground link between the house and the power plant, is it possible to create it? I base my questions on what the book says. a full vote answer to whoever gives it to me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1) If I from the same home (which suddenly becomes a lawyer's office), if I wanted to connect this to the headquarters with a leased / dedicated line, according to what is marked in quotation marks, should there already be a physical path from my former home to the central office? homes does the telco not create the path (it only creates it for companies) but only on request?

BB - they do site survey, if that can be re-usable, they conver the same Line to Business Leased Lines.

2) If there is no underground link between the house and the power plant, is it possible to create it? I base my questions on what the book says. a full vote answer to whoever gives it to me.

BB - If there is no Line, they do Site survey, give you estimated time line to put new Line, some places easy depends on how digging work involved. and where you located. in modern world most of the place already cable available. they use and make service available as quick as possible.

Like example, i had ADSL, move to FTTH - since duct available they made it available and installed in 2 weeks time, and decomm old ADSL.

it all depends on where you geo graphically located and service provider .

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1) If I from the same home (which suddenly becomes a lawyer's office), if I wanted to connect this to the headquarters with a leased / dedicated line, according to what is marked in quotation marks, should there already be a physical path from my former home to the central office? homes does the telco not create the path (it only creates it for companies) but only on request?

BB - they do site survey, if that can be re-usable, they conver the same Line to Business Leased Lines.

2) If there is no underground link between the house and the power plant, is it possible to create it? I base my questions on what the book says. a full vote answer to whoever gives it to me.

BB - If there is no Line, they do Site survey, give you estimated time line to put new Line, some places easy depends on how digging work involved. and where you located. in modern world most of the place already cable available. they use and make service available as quick as possible.

Like example, i had ADSL, move to FTTH - since duct available they made it available and installed in 2 weeks time, and decomm old ADSL.

it all depends on where you geo graphically located and service provider .

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help