Views
Helpful
Replies

Limit P2P in Global policy

daniel.espi
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I have defined one global policy (Rate Limit: 40 Mbps) shared for hundreds of users and I'd like to know if I can limit total P2P traffic to 10 Mbps in that global policy. I don´t want to filter P2P traffic by subscriber.

Thanks in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tom Debruyne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think this is possible, it would require to have global policy as child of an other global policy.

Tom

View solution in original post

Hi Daniel,

Sorry if I was not clear, when I said : "it would require", I meant that it is not possible currently.

I have now checked further and got the confirmation that at the moment you cannot do what you are describing. 

What you can do now is at a subscriber level, for example, limit total BW for subscriber to 4Mbps and inside it, limit P2P to 1Mbps.

Cheers,

Tom

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tom Debruyne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think this is possible, it would require to have global policy as child of an other global policy.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I don´t know how i can nest global policies. I haven´t found anything about it. Can you help me?

Thanks.

Hi Daniel,

Sorry if I was not clear, when I said : "it would require", I meant that it is not possible currently.

I have now checked further and got the confirmation that at the moment you cannot do what you are describing. 

What you can do now is at a subscriber level, for example, limit total BW for subscriber to 4Mbps and inside it, limit P2P to 1Mbps.

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks Tom,

I've already understood it. I'll do it limiting by subscriber.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: