Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple BGP processes in upcoming IOS XR

tassadar_ha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have heard about the announce of supporting multiple BGP processes in an upcoming version of IOS XR. I am just wondering if someone could give me additional information about that. Whitepapers, announces whatever.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ivan Krimmel
Level 7
Level 7

Privet Sergey,

the feature, you may have heard most likely, is called 'Multiple AS support for BGP' and was scheduled for upcoming 4.2 release of IOX. I am currently checking whether it is still on the roadmap.

Another possibility to run numerous amount of BGP(like any other RP) instances is to split up resources into several SDRs - this can be done today.

For further queries on IOX please do use the newly opened forum dedicated to IOS XR questions -

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/service-providers/ios-xr?view=discussions

HTH,

Ivan.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ivan Krimmel
Level 7
Level 7

Privet Sergey,

the feature, you may have heard most likely, is called 'Multiple AS support for BGP' and was scheduled for upcoming 4.2 release of IOX. I am currently checking whether it is still on the roadmap.

Another possibility to run numerous amount of BGP(like any other RP) instances is to split up resources into several SDRs - this can be done today.

For further queries on IOX please do use the newly opened forum dedicated to IOS XR questions -

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/service-providers/ios-xr?view=discussions

HTH,

Ivan.

Sergey,

I just wanted to confirm that the feature you have asked about is on its way and will be delivered as part of 4.2 IOX release in the upcoming December.

May you please in your turn share the production need you think it will be useful for?

Waiting for your feedback!

Cheers,

Ivan.

Privet Ivan,

Thank you for your answer. It is exactly what I have been looking for. Looking forward to see this IOX on the gears

Best regards,

Sergey

Sergey, glad to help!

Could you please make your input on this - "May you please in your turn share the production need you think it will be useful for?"

Thanks!

Ivan.

Ivan,

Sure. We expect this will help us manage multiple networks with different concepts (like MPLS based and non-MPLS based) connected to the same router in a more efficient manner.

By the way, I wonder if you may have any concerns or advice regarding the use of this new feature.

Probably, I often will be a guest of IOS XR support section when the implementation begins

Thank you,

Sergey

Sergey,

there're number of constraints for that feature(like for any other), hence it is better to engage your account team/systems engineers to do a proactive design/implementation strategy for it on your network.

I will be following up on this new functionality later once it become available, so be our guest in the IOX section!

Cheers,

Ivan.