Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWR2941 routed ports

We have cisco mwr 2941 with last software version.And we want to give IP addreses to gigabit ports. But when we do it, we see this:

Router#conf t

Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.

Router(config)#int g0/1

Router(config-if)#no sw

Command rejected: Not a convertible port.

Router(config-if)#ip add

Router(config-if)#ip add?

But in this config guide I saw that IP address can be assigned to built-in gigabit ports.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/mwr_2941_dc/software_config/guide/appB1.html

Is it hardware limitation, or software bug? We tried to use other software version, bun result was the same.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pstebner10
Level 1
Level 1

Vladimir-

The documentation for the 2941 is horribly innaccurate. You cannot assign an IP address directly to the gigabit interfaces -- you must configure an SVI and give it an addres instead. Here is an example:

interface GigabitEthernet0/0

description link to Core

switchport access vlan 100

switchport mode access

interface Vlan100

description Backhaul

ip address 10.10.5.2 255.255.255.252

no ptp enable

mpls ip

Let me know if this helps. I recently worked on a fairly large project deploying 2941's for CESoPSN pseudowire backhaul of TDM CDMA sites over IP. I may be able to help out more if you have any other questions.  By the way - make sure you are using the absolute latest v15 IOS or you will have all sorts of problems.

Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pstebner10
Level 1
Level 1

Vladimir-

The documentation for the 2941 is horribly innaccurate. You cannot assign an IP address directly to the gigabit interfaces -- you must configure an SVI and give it an addres instead. Here is an example:

interface GigabitEthernet0/0

description link to Core

switchport access vlan 100

switchport mode access

interface Vlan100

description Backhaul

ip address 10.10.5.2 255.255.255.252

no ptp enable

mpls ip

Let me know if this helps. I recently worked on a fairly large project deploying 2941's for CESoPSN pseudowire backhaul of TDM CDMA sites over IP. I may be able to help out more if you have any other questions.  By the way - make sure you are using the absolute latest v15 IOS or you will have all sorts of problems.

Paul

pstebner10, thanks for the help, it works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: