cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NCS 540 / 6.5.x / Ethernet CFM

dgilbertson
Level 1
Level 1

If this needs to a different discussion location; just let me know.

So attempting to get Ethernet CFM config working on the NCS 540 running 6.5.x.  No issues on the ASR 9ks.   What I find is I can use the same config from the 9ks on the NCS 540s;   only if the ' continuity-check interval '  is not < 1m.   I need it at 1s.   When I change it to anything < 1m;  I get the following configuration-error message.

* Down MEP 1101 is configured to use an SMAN format which is not supported for hardware offload on this platform

I even used the sample config from the 5xx docs;  but using down-meps for the service.   Same issue.  

Ethernet CFM
 domain SMB level 3 id null service 901234AB down-meps 

!!! no configuration error

++ add the continuity-check interval 1s

!!! configuration error  SMAN format which is not supported

I've tested multiple scenarios and following the MAID guide;  still same issues.

Wondering if anyone may have an answer here, before I go an open a TAC case on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dgilbertson
Level 1
Level 1

Ended up figuring out what I was missing a few hours later.   Needed the ' id ' setting with the service command.  

ex: 

ethernet cfm

domain <DOMAIN> level 5 id null

service <SERVICE> down-meps id [ icc-based | number ]

But I need to use icc-based for my case.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dgilbertson
Level 1
Level 1

Ended up figuring out what I was missing a few hours later.   Needed the ' id ' setting with the service command.  

ex: 

ethernet cfm

domain <DOMAIN> level 5 id null

service <SERVICE> down-meps id [ icc-based | number ]

But I need to use icc-based for my case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: