Replies

Port-channel questions?

saibaba.sagar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

please tell me answer for below scenarios 

I want to connect two different ISP's in single bundle,

example i have link one from A-ISP, another link from B-ISP, 2-links are connected to Layer-3 Switch.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Saibaba,

If you use L2 services from your ISPs you can configure MCLAG (multichassis lacp) on Location A and Location B. On Location C it's a regular port-channel.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/service-providers-documents/asr9000-xr-multichassis-lag-or-mc-lag-mclag-guide/ta-p/3133825

You should read the above document from xander. It's very detailed regarding MCLAG.  Switch-A and Switch-B will be your PoAs while Switch-C will be your DHD.

Your ISPs should forward/tunnel the lacp control frames in order to achieve this. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
I'm sorry i don't get your point here.
If you have 2 isp links connected to a L3 switch, why you want to bundle them? And you can't have these 2 ports bundled into a port-channel.

Maybe you can share a quick diagram and explain what you want to achieve.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Capture.JPG

HI,
thank you for quick replay...,
Please find the screen shot, as i want to use my two isp links at a time.

What is the link P2P between the 2 ISPs?
When you say you want to use them both at the same time, are you using any dynamic routing protocol or static?
If static, you can setup 2 default route with same AD on your switch C to get the switch to kind of load balance the traffic across the 2 ISP links.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi,
P2P Means own fiber link, 
Yes, we are using ISIS in three switches and VPLS(VC, VSI).

Two Links i want to use at a time for load balancing.

Please suggest............

Ok using 2 ISPs at the same time is different than bundling them.
From switch C, for example, i believe you're connected with L3 to your ISPs, right?

1 of the simplest way to use both links for Internet, would be to have 2 default (1 per ISP) with the same AD.

Thanks
Francesco

We are are doing this with two metros via OSPF load balancing then redistributing back into BGP.  We used to have it in a port-channel.  The reason we moved to OSPF is because if a link in the provider's cloud goes down, your port-channel interfaces will still show up and will continue to forward traffic on the bad link effectively black holing half your traffic.

Hi

Hope you are doing well !

below is the actual scenario, we want to achieve load balance between A-Switch and B-Switch

i want to use C-Switch as Hub

Using VPLS l2 VPN and isis in a A & B Switches

Please help me with the configuration

Hi

Hope you are doing well !

below is the actual scenario, we want to achieve load balance between A-Switch and B-Switch

Using VPLS l2 VPN and isis in a A & B Switches

Hi

Hope you are doing well

below is the actual scenario

i want to achieve load balance between A-Switch and B-Switch

Using VPLS L2 VPN and isis in a A & B Switches

Hello Saibaba,

If you use L2 services from your ISPs you can configure MCLAG (multichassis lacp) on Location A and Location B. On Location C it's a regular port-channel.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/service-providers-documents/asr9000-xr-multichassis-lag-or-mc-lag-mclag-guide/ta-p/3133825

You should read the above document from xander. It's very detailed regarding MCLAG.  Switch-A and Switch-B will be your PoAs while Switch-C will be your DHD.

Your ISPs should forward/tunnel the lacp control frames in order to achieve this. 

Thank you Brother, the document very detailed and cleared my doubts.

Please help me in MPLS, VPLS, MPLS-L2vpn MPLS L3-vpn document :-) 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: