Views
Helpful
Replies

Route-map

nil1377
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to redirect traffic on C3550 switch for one of the customer from alternate upstream internet link but not able to do so.

Attached herewith the topology, customer is connected on fa0/4 & 2 upstream internet links are on gi0/1 & gi0/2 respectively.

Default route is pointed on Gi0/1 & i want to redirect customer's forward traffic from Gi0/2 but it is not happening.

Below is the configuration.

!

interface FastEthernet0/4

description ***Customer Interface***

no switchport

ip address 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.252

ip policy route-map Gi0/2-UPlink

load-interval 30

duplex full

speed 100

end

!

route-map Gi0/2-UPlink permit 10

match ip address Gi0/2-UPlink

set ip next-hop x.x.x.x

!

ip access-list extended Gi0/2-UPlink

permit ip 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.3 any

permit ip 192.168.1.208 0.0.0.7 any

!

IOS is c3550-i5q3l2-mz.121-19.EA1a.bin.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nil.

2 Replies 2

Michael Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

Nil,

What is the source of the traffic flow on customer interface? The interface is addressed with a /30? is that correct?

What IP range is your customer using? remember source address with not be modified in transit and you are matching on source IPs.

I would look at your matching ACL and IP addressing for the source of the customer traffic and not the IP address of the customer interface.

Mike

ldomingues
Level 1
Level 1

When you use set ip next-hop you need a explicity route for the destination for route match come intoplay make you you have it or change to to set ip defaultnezt hop if you are using default route

Any way try debug ip policy and try to the if tge policy is skiped or policed

Domingues

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: