Views
Helpful
Replies

SCE periodically redirection

k.vlachoulis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am testing the case of periodically redirection of a subscriber by the SCE. This is the case that our customer wants to implement, but during the tests that i am having i can not understand how it works. This is the result of the abnormal behavior that redirection has. The requirement is to redirect the subscriber every 24 hours when he clicks or browses to a new site. In my tests i decrease the time to 6 minutes and what i see is that every time that a subscriber comes to the network he redirected to the specific URL. But there is no periodically redirection when the time period of 6 minutes exceeds. It doesn't follow that rule, but it performs the redirection in a random way after the time period of 6 minutes.

Additionally if you can clarify what is the p_numOfRedirections that appears in the show command, sh party name 192.168.2.123@test..

Thanks in advance

Kanellos

1 Reply 1

martinas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kanellos,

The HTTP classification of a flow is always based on the first HTTP request in the TCP connection. By default, any HTTP requests after the first GET are not used for detection as the classification has already occurred.

SCE versions 3.5.0 and onwards allows users to enable HTTP Multi Transaction classification which in turn makes the system do the classification for every request within a single TCP connection.

This feature is enabled through the Advanced System Settings and set "Number of HTTP GET Detection" (from value of 1 to 10000).

To Get to the Advanced System Settings in the SCA-BB Console: Configuration > Policies > System Settings, then the Advanced Options tab. Click on 'Advanced Service Configuration Options' to get to the setting above.

Please note that increasing this value may place more load on the CPU as it now has now inspect more than one HTTP request in a flow.

For more information on the Advanced Service Configuration properties please see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/cable/serv_exch/serv_control/broadband_app/rel37x/scabbug/10_SCA_BB_UG.html#wp1059448

The value p_numOfRedirections is a counter showing the number of redirections that have occurred for that subscriber during the current session.

Cheers,

Martin