Views
Helpful
Replies

[sce8000 web filtering / parental controls]

Carlos A. Silva
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, All:

In a couple of Cisco URLs it says that the SCE8000 integrates with Websense (and AdvancedMobile) to support url filtering and parental controls. See here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/ps7045/ps6129/ps6257/ps6135/white_paper_c11-606444.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7045/ps6129/ps6133/ps9591/siminn_cs.pdf

Can you please confirm this is true and tell me exactly which Websebse product is supported? is it websense web filter or websense web security?

I contacted a Websebse rep yesterday and they are not aware of being able to integrate with the sce8000 and don't know the product that integrates with the sce8000.on the web i found mentions of websense CPA and the sce8000 , which websense tells me is a completely different product than web filter or web security.

please advice,

c.

4 Replies 4

Hi Carlos,
Is your problem solved or still stuck in this? let me know I can help you in this

Regards,

Abdul Rafay

Actually, things just got worse. Websense just told us the surfcontrol cpa product has been discontinued. Is there a roadmap for SCE to integrate with any other product to provide PC, Abdul? Thank you very much! C.

Carlos,

I'm not sure whether websense has declared EoS for CPA, but better contact following Knepher, Jonathan [mailto:jknepher@websense.com

further contact your local cisco team, as there were plans of Cisco Business unit to integrate SCE with Cisco WSA for content filtering, further you can also look for bright cloud webroot solution as there were plans to integrate this with SCE8K by end of this quarter.

Carlos A. Silva
Level 3
Level 3
Actually, things just got worse. Websense just told us the surfcontrol cpa producy has been discontinued. Is there a roadmap for SCE to integrate with any other product to provide PC, Abdul? Thank you very much! C.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: