Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Solution for managed service providers

Hello,

I am working in a team as part as a managed service/cloud provider, and I am thinking of recommending Cisco to our MSP portfolio. Does Cisco provide solutions for cloud providers? Something like managed firewall/IPS?

TIA, Nicos Nicolaides
3 Replies 3

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cisco provide the solutions, but Cisco does not manage the solutions for you.

You should get assistance from a local Cisco Partner.

Cisco Partner Locator

Having said that, have you looked at Cisco Meraki?

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I haven't explained correctly. My company is a multinational co-location provider, and our business unit focuses on managed services for some of our clients. An example is given below:

Customer A buys co-location space and infrastructure as a service. We provide them the hardware and manage their infrastructure. Their infrastructure may consist of anything including servers, storage, switching, routers, firewalls, load-balancers and IPS. Cisco is NOT our main platform for firewalls/IPS for the following reasons:

Last time we checked, Cisco did not offer a licensing solution for cloud providers; something equivalent of Checkpoint's Provider1.

Cisco does not offer a solid reporting solution for IPS; we use weekly automatic reporting to our managed customers.

Licensing is not flexible with Cisco; i.e. we could not lease a firewall/IPS for 2 years and renewing it on a yearly basis.

Do you know if Cisco provides a solution for companies like us?

TIA, Nicos Nicolaides

This is getting outside my area now.

I am not aware of any special licencing solutions for cloud providers.  However I have never looked for inquired about such,.

With Cisco you can buy the kit, for you can lease it from Cisco finance (usually a minimum of a three year term).  After that you have you annual licencing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: