cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade IOS XR from 5.1 to 6.4

3Dg4RIP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm looking support and clearify the procedure for the Software Upgrade in IOS XR from 5.1 to 6.4; I understand the procedure needs to go from 5.3 to 6.4 using TURBOBOOT, but i didn't find anything from 5.1 to 5.3 or 5.1 to 6.4.

Someone can support me with this?

Thanks in advanced.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi, thanks for the information. I did it the procedure, so Is requiered install a certificate before go from IOS XR 5.1 to 5.3.

View solution in original post

That is correct, you need post-expiry SMU CSCut52232.

Elvin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Elvin Arias Soto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi 3Dg4RIP,

MOPs are available inside the version you want to go to, in this case, go to software.cisco.com and download the 6.4.x software, inside the zipped file you will see the PDF with the instructions.

Your particular case, please take into account:

1. For upgrading from Pre - 5.3.1 images to 6.4.2 you must first upgrade the system to IOS XR release 6.1.x then upgrade the system to 6.4.2. There is no direct upgrade path to 6.4.2.

2. Other option is to do a TURBOBOOT directly to 6.4.2

For TURBOBOOT, you can refer to https://community.cisco.com/t5/service-providers-documents/asr9000-xr-understanding-turboboot-and-initial-system-bring-up/ta-p/3146024.

Regards,

Elvin

Hi, thanks for the information. I did it the procedure, so Is requiered install a certificate before go from IOS XR 5.1 to 5.3.

That is correct, you need post-expiry SMU CSCut52232.

Elvin