Views
Helpful
Replies

Video & PCR PID on dummy Slate Service

levent.erbay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I generated a Slate service and streaming it as a multicast stream. The restriction of this slate service is to have the PCR PID different then the video PID. When I transcode the service with a DCM MK1 chassis transcoder I'm still not able to use the same Video PID also for the PCR. Does anyone know how I can stream the service same PID for video and PCR? Is it maybe possible with the MFP board?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

3 Replies 3

rsantoso
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Levent,

Please refer to below example, Steps to have the same Video PID and PCR PID:

1. Below the Video PID and PCR PID are different:

2. Highlight the PCR component, right click Settings

3. This will be directed into the Service Component Page:

4. At the bottom of the Service Component Page, you'll find the Component Tracking Rules:

5. Click Add Row and fill in the PCR and Video Stream with the same PID

6. Click Apply

7. The Service Component Settings now have the same Video PID and PCR PID

8. Going back to the Service Tree, you'll find the below Video PID is the same as Video PID:

Hope the above helps.

Best Regards,

Ray

levent.erbay
Level 1
Level 1

This doesn't work. I did that before. When I enter the same PID for the PCR like the Video the DCM changes it to a different one. No chance to take the same PCR PID like the video PID

Levent

Hi Levent

What is the software version of DCM you have?

As you can see from the pictures in Raymond's posting, it works OK in our lab DCM which is at V12.00

Have you added Component Tracking Rules for both the Video and the PCR (specifying the same output PID)?

Kumar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: