cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1552e power options

choclateer
Level 1
Level 1

Can I power the 1552e with the proper poe injector if I am not using the ethernet port for backhaul? I want to get power thru poe but use a fiber for backhaul.

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe you can, but I have never tried it:)  I guess my question is why would you do it that way instead of using the AC connector or hard wired connection.  The power injector would have to be plugged in somewhere, so an AC adapter would seem to be a better choice.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1550/installation/guide/1550_ch2.html#wp1109705

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

It's for a series of intersections in San Francisco. The available power is in the traffic light control box at one of the corners. The 1552 will be out on the traffic light pole. If it is on the closest corner the power cable would be ok, but sometimes it will be on the far corner. So that is across 5 lanes of traffic for the main street, plus 4 more for the cross street, then 10 foot up the pole and 10 foot out in the street. The power could be as much as 150 feet away.

So how would a power injector help, since you also have to plug that in?

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

If I use a power injector I can go 300' down a cat5. If I use a power supply it has to be closer to the AP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card