cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1572EAC Bridge Radio Setup

AlexZmann
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 1572EAC AP's configured as a point-to-point bridge; each using a AIR-ANT2588P3M-N= antenna.  The antennas are connected to ANT ports 1-3.  We are running a standalone image--so no WLC in play.  We are only using the 5GHz Dot11Radio.  I have a few questions regarding this setup.

1)  What is the default radio band role?  Single-band or Dual-band?  How can you tell?

2)  When I do a "show interface Dot11Radio1" command--the BW is listed as 54000 Kbit/sec, but it is an 802.11ac radio?

3)  We initially configured 40MHz-above on the Dot11Radio1 interface, but ended up losing its connection between the APs.  Any thoughts on what may have caused that?

Thanks for all feedback in advance!

Dot11Radio1 Config (Root)...

interface Dot11Radio1
 no ip address
 !
 encryption vlan X mode ciphers aes-ccm
 !
 ssid SSID-NAME
 !
 antenna gain 0
 peakdetect
 no dfs band block
 stbc
 channel dfs
 station-role root bridge

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi 

1)  What is the default radio band role?  Single-band or Dual-band?  How can you tell?

Single or Dual band is related to the AP hardware and if the AP supports Dual then the default will be Dual. If single, if course there will be no option but single.

2)  When I do a "show interface Dot11Radio1" command--the BW is listed as 54000 Kbit/sec, but it is an 802.11ac radio?

This is not related to the AP maximum capacity but with the Cisco bakchaul capacity.

"Cisco bridge backhaul Tx rate in kbps. The valid values are 6000, 12000, 18000, 24000, 36000, 48000, and 54000."

3)  We initially configured 40MHz-above on the Dot11Radio1 interface, but ended up losing its connection between the APs.  Any thoughts on what may have caused that?

The larger the channel the more interference. As the backhaul limitation described above, I´d let in 20mhz.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi 

Single or Dual band is related to the AP hardware and if the AP supports Dual then the default will be Dual. If single, if course there will be no option but single.

This is not related to the AP maximum capacity but with the Cisco bakchaul capacity.

"Cisco bridge backhaul Tx rate in kbps. The valid values are 6000, 12000, 18000, 24000, 36000, 48000, and 54000."

The larger the channel the more interference. As the backhaul limitation described above, I´d let in 20mhz.

Thanks for the input!

In your opinion, does the WLAN and Radio Interface configuration look good?

dot11 ssid SSID-NAME
   vlan X
   authentication open
   authentication key-management wpa version 2
   infrastructure-ssid
   wpa-psk ascii XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

interface Dot11Radio1
 no ip address
 !
 encryption vlan X mode ciphers aes-ccm
 !
 ssid SSID-NAME
 !
 antenna gain 0
 peakdetect
 no dfs band block
 stbc
 channel dfs
 station-role root bridge
!
interface Dot11Radio1.X
 encapsulation dot1Q X native
 bridge-group X
 bridge-group X spanning-disabled
!
interface Dot11Radio1.Y
 encapsulation dot1Q Y
 bridge-group Y
 bridge-group Y spanning-disabled
!

Looks ok.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: