cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1572EAC Five Gigabit Ports! What are these?

paul.l.kyte
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a pair of 1572EACs that I'm configuring to be a bridge link. According to the documentation this has 4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports but when I go onto the command line there are 5!

Does anyone know what the 5 Gigabit ports map to in terms of the physical interfaces on the 1572?

I know there is an Ethernet port, a POE In port, a POE Out Port, and a Fibre Port. Whats the fifth one?

When I configure using the GUI it show me 5 gig ports and allows me to configure VLANs to be on Gig 1 - 4, but when I look at the CLI it has configured Gig 0 as well. What is this?

If anyone can tell me what ports G0 to G5 relate to I would be most grateful.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paul.l.kyte
Level 1
Level 1

I've been in touch with the UK Cisco Wireless expert and he says the fifth Gigabit port is for a Service Providers Out of Band connection. I queried with him which physical port does this map to but he wasn't able to identify this. 

So it looks like the fifth gigabit port is not for general use and there is probably a module/adapter to allow a service provider to connect to this. In the absence of any other information this is good enough for me. Unless you know otherwise?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Ritter
Level 4
Level 4
5 rj45 jacks.. yes.. network/poe in, poe out for a camera, console port, serial port and an SFP
I'm looking thru the docs on the 1570.. and the answer to your question is not readily present.
I have 1530's..

Hi David,

Five Gigabit ports? In the list you have given one is a console port and the other is a serial port. I don't think either of these will map to a Gigabit port.

Regards,

Paul

paul.l.kyte
Level 1
Level 1

I've been in touch with the UK Cisco Wireless expert and he says the fifth Gigabit port is for a Service Providers Out of Band connection. I queried with him which physical port does this map to but he wasn't able to identify this. 

So it looks like the fifth gigabit port is not for general use and there is probably a module/adapter to allow a service provider to connect to this. In the absence of any other information this is good enough for me. Unless you know otherwise?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: