cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1815T Initial Config

Matt Billmeier
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not a wireless expert by any means, but I would think based on the document this should be a simple initial configuration.

Going through the document 1815T Deployment Guide it says connect to router and then plug in to LAN3 and go to 10.0.0.1.  The link isn't even enabling so the network interface on the laptop will not come up to allow me to get to 10.0.0.1.

What I have found to work (not documented) is to find the IP address (from the router) that the 1815T pulled on the WAN and connect to that address.  Then I have access. 

Thoughts?

11 Replies 11

Hi @Matt Billmeier

You should get IP address on the LAN3 port by DHCP service running on the AP. If this doesn´t happen you may have a faulty AP. Although you find a way to access the interface, you may have problem to use those LAN ports.

Maybe is recommended replace it.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Understood and that's what the document says, however, we have had this exact same issue on the 8 we have tried.

Guessing I will need to open a TAC case. 

Yeah, if you can do that, do it. This kind of devices is meant to be simple and when something went wrong there´s nothing much to do.

Maybe a RMA will be the solution.

Good luck!

Hello Matt,

any Information from TAC?

I received a lot of 1815T today.

I can't configure them, too.

The LAN Ports will not go into communication state.

Status LED is flashing green for a long time and changed directly into red/amber flashing.

I tried all ports, DHCP (on PC) and fix IP (10.0.0.2), nothing changed.

The only one I can see, WAN Port got an IP Address from my DHCP-Server.

Regards

Sven 

I ended up not opening a TAC case. After finding the IP the WAN port
picked up, I was able to http in to that IP to complete the configuration.

Hi @Matt Billmeier

That´s good. Then, change the status to Resolved please and help others with similar problem.

I have opened a TAC case for clarification.

Hello Matt,

any Response from TAC?

Regards Sven

TAC said it’s a known defect with original manufacturing release. Workaround is the method we came up with.

Hello Matt,

thanks for your response.

I'm in discussion with our local Cisco Support.

They ask me about the TAC Case number.

Could you refer this one?

Regards Sven

I confirm this "Workaround"

Regards

Sven

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: