cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1832I-E-K9 Mobility Express showing up as Office Extend and how to upgrade?

rudimocnik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to add mobility express AP to an existing deployment that is running code version 8.8.111.0.
The AP I am trying to add is running code version 8.5.131.0 and it says it is MOBILITY EXPRESS CAPABLE and is running MOBILITY EXPRESS IMAGE. My plan was to power the ap on independently so I can upgrade it before joining to an existing ME deployment. However I am presented with Office extend dashboard when connecting to CiscoAirProvisioning SSID and NOT mobility express initial configuration wizard. How can I upgrade such AP to 8.8.111.0? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I was able to upgrade via http after I completed the initial configuration wizard via CLI.

The thing was when the AP booted up it broadcasted CiscoAirProvisioning SSID (as expected). Then when I tried to log in to the wlc the password was wrong and the welcome screen said Office Extend ... so I was a bit suspicious. After I found out the correct passwords (admin/admin) I logged in I was presented with office extend dashboard instead of mobility express initial config wizard. So I plugged in my console and went through the initial configuration wizard there. Upon completion and a reboot it spawned configured test SSID and I was able to log in to ME controller and update the code version to 8.8.111 via HTTP. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You can do that through the CLI.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-5/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_5/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_5_chapter_0111.html
Maybe it's not running on ME mode at the moment, check also the part about Converting.

Hi, you can try this method step by step: 1\enter the capwap mode: controller>apciscoshell username: password: APxxxx...# 2\config a ip for the capwap ap internal the ME AP APxxxx...#config ap ip address ... 3\confirm capwap ap ip address can communication with a TFTP server 4\get the image from the TFTP server APxxxx#ap-type mobility-express tftp://10.x.x.x/AIR-AP1830-K9-8.8.100.0.tar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I was able to upgrade via http after I completed the initial configuration wizard via CLI.

The thing was when the AP booted up it broadcasted CiscoAirProvisioning SSID (as expected). Then when I tried to log in to the wlc the password was wrong and the welcome screen said Office Extend ... so I was a bit suspicious. After I found out the correct passwords (admin/admin) I logged in I was presented with office extend dashboard instead of mobility express initial config wizard. So I plugged in my console and went through the initial configuration wizard there. Upon completion and a reboot it spawned configured test SSID and I was able to log in to ME controller and update the code version to 8.8.111 via HTTP. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card