Views
Helpful
Replies

2 Different EOIP Tunnels to same Anchor

GRANT3779
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

I have a foreign controller anchored back to a DMZ WLC. Multiple Guest SSIDs use this EOIP/Anchor.

QOS on the WAN routers between the Foreign/Anchor WLC is matching on the EOIP tunnel endpoints, using this as the matching criteria for any QOS policy. Obviously this means for QOS (at router level) I cannot be more specific about different subnets etc.. as the router only sees the EOIP source and destination.

Is there a way I can build a 2nd separate EOIP tunnel between these 2 controllers using different addresses and then anchor a single specific SSID to this secondary EOIP tunnel. The thinking is that I can the apply a new QOS policy on the WAN routers matching the secondary EOIP tunnel addresses which in turn would apply to the single SSID being anchored back.

I know I can do QOS on the WLC at SSID / AP level but this is not an option in this case.

Does an EOIP tunnel have to be to/from the management address only or can I create a new interface solely for a secondary EOIP tunnel?

Hopefully that makes sense and I a clear on what I am looking to achieve.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Yes, Mobility anchor configuration is based on Management IP and the MAC of the WLC.

Better Make the QoS for the client Subnet for out bound traffic

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

I can't base the QOS on the client subnet as all the routers see is the EOIP tunnel endpoints (management IPs of each WLC). This is why I am asking the question. Are you meaning apply QOS at WLC level?

Are you planning to have a QoS btw Foreign and Anchor ?

Regards,

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

I would be looking to have QOS in both directions. "In and Out"

Ref the QoS on WLC for the functionality of QoS on WLC.

I would like to say put QoS for Foreign and Anchor IP traffic and Client Public NAT IP (on internet router). Hope this will help.

Regards,

Based off this post, the WLC will maintain markings from the client through to the anchor (if set by client/AP) so that may help you with some control but relies on marking correctly on client upstream.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/other-wireless-mobility-subjects/qos-markings-for-auto-anchor-eoip/td-p/2987619

For mobility traffic, as Sathiyanarayanan said it will always be the WLCs management address and you can't change this unless you are using multicast mobility between WLCs.

Ric
-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card