cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2006 wireless controller RX queue full

0rlundhagen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2006 controller currently supporting 4 remote 1010 AP's. The logs are full with the following:

63 Tue Oct 11 08:11:15 2005 RX Multicast Queue Full

I already have multicast disabled on it.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Romey

7 Replies 7

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

Do you see any error on console or are you facing any malfunctioning elsewhere ?

No errors on the console but the controller logs are full with this message. I have multicast turned off on the controller but the RX queue keeps filling up with these messages no TX just RX.

mlrtime99
Level 1
Level 1

Digging this up from 2 years ago but I see the same thing on my 4404, NOT my 4402 however. Multicast is disabled on both. I remember reading somewhere about a year ago that this was a bug and to ignore it though?

Richard Atkin
Level 4
Level 4

This may help...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6308/products_qanda_item09186a008082c464.shtml

Q. I see a lot of "CPU Receive Multicast Queue is full on Controller" messages on the 2006 Wireless LAN Controller (WLC), but not on the 4400 WLCs. Why? I have disabled multicast on the controllers. What is the difference in the Multicast Queue Limit between the 2006 and 4400 WLC platforms?

A. Because multicast is disabled on the controllers, the messages that cause this alarm might be Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) messages. There is no difference in queue depth (512 packets) between the 2000 WLCs and the 4400 WLCs. The difference is that the 4400 NPU filters ARP packets whereas everything is done in software on the 2006. This explains why the 2006 WLC sees the messages but not the 4400 WLC. A 44xx WLC processes multicast packets via hardware (through CPU). A 2000 WLC processes multicast packets via software. CPU processing is more efficient than software. Therefore, the 4400's queue is cleared faster, whereas the 2006 WLC struggles a bit when it sees a lot of these messages.

Thanks , but it didn't help

I have the same error, I made some filters to limit the broadcast storm.

The problem still continue i have a lot of errors

RX Multicast Queue Full

The WIFI client disassociated continuously

Any fix for this issue? I have seen the same thing on my 4404 controller when the user number increases.

Craig

There was no real fix for my problem, I did find a work around however. I ran a packet capture on the ethernet side of the wireless APs. What I found was the multicast was only being generated by a few of the APs (8 of 140ish). I changed the primary controllers of half of these radios so that each controller was only support 4 of these anomalous radios and the alerts went away. This doesn't help those with a single controller, sorry.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: