cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2504 WebAuth and IPv6 RADIUS Accounting (IPv6-Framed-Address)

Johannes Luther
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Board,

I'm playing around with RADIUS Accounting in combination with local web authentication on the wireless LAN controller.

So far so good - everything works well, but I'm missing the "IPv6-Framed-Address" in the RADIUS accounting messages.

The only thing I can see is the v4 framed IP address and the "Framed-IPv6-Prefix". According to the configuration guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-0/configuration-guide/b_cg80/b_cg80_chapter_0101001.html#ID807

the "IPv6-Framed-Address" should be sent by the WLC. I took a capture on a span port of the WLC to verify this. Anybody else experiencing this behavior or is it a simple misconfiguration on my side? In the client details I can see the global IPv6 addresses and the link-local.

I tested it on a WLC 2504 with 8.0.100.0 code.

Cheers

Johannes

1 Reply 1

Andrew Yourtchenko
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Late reply, but hopefully of use. You'd need the following config to send both attributes:

config wlan radius_server acct framed-ipv6 both {wlan number}

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card