cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3945BG Intel Adapter PEAP issue

vramanaiah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, We have few SONY laptops with this builtin adapter.. Unfortunately, these adapters do not seem to work when PEAP with WinXP, is used with Cisco APs. TAC has already disowned this issue, saying it is a Intel issue. As we are not getting much of support from our Laptop vendor, i am just curious if anyone has this issue and found any good workaround...

If any third party supplicant can overcome this issue, please provide pointers.. We would like to evaluate before purchasing it..

Well, fyi.. i have upgraded the latest firware on Intel.

8 Replies 8

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Are you using the Intel client, or Windows Zero Config Wireless?

Use the Intel client if at all possible.

Otherwise, maybe take a walk through the Microsoft knowledgebase, or maybe Intel has something in theirs.

Good Luck

Scott

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

Checked this link the SONY only support CCX v3 that part of the PEAP may not work w/ Cisco AP.

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/pr46/pr147/partners_pgm_partners_0900aecd800a7907.html

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/765/ccx/versions_and_features.shtml

Better check w/ SONY what is their CCX support ver., or try to use other authentication method....

Hopes this help.

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

You can also try the Odyssey client / supplicant from Funk (now part of Juniper).

They have a 30 day full-function trail version available.

I use it on my handheld with Cisco APs with no problems (WPA2-PSK, WPA2-EAP-FAST, WPA2-LEAP, WPA2-LEAP ....)

Good Luck

Scott

mmacmahon
Level 1
Level 1

There is a known issue using PEAP in XP. there is a patch on Microsoft's website for it; reference KB885453. Also Intel just last week release the latest drivers. We use XP Zero to manage the client instead of the ProSet software do to issues with Novell login compatibility. Hope this helps. Michael

amitsonik
Level 1
Level 1

Check this out:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;885453

After you apply this patch, it should fix the issue.

Sorry, but all this things dont work .. nothing change with this fix .. i try with HP nc8430 ( 3945 abg ) . Like this other, problem with peap on Cisco 1100 and 1200 . Waiting for new driver ?

Read something good on another post !

Diseable Broascast of the SSID ( with peap) on all AP ... and it's ok ! everything run good.

We have observed different behaviour at different locations..

In one location, disabling Validate server certificate in PEAP settings on XP client works.

In another location, PEAP works if it is the only SSID on the AP.

Neither of them are a complete fix/workaround. We are still exploring..

In fact, we never had broadcast enabled for the PEAP SSID

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card