cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

5.2 dBi pillar-mount Dual omnidirectional antennas

Hi ,

May I know when I can use this antennas? and what's purpose of design this dual omni-direcitonal antennas?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: 5.2 dBi pillar-mount Dual omnidirectional antennas

What's the exact part number ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

AIR-ANT2452V-R

Re: 5.2 dBi pillar-mount Dual omnidirectional antennas

Antennas are like light bulbs. You have a regular bulb and without a lamp shade it goes everywhere. You have flash lights that have a directed light. All depends on the situation.

I haven't used this antenna myself. I look at the azimuth and gain to see how this antenna will provide coverage. This antenna has a direct coverage pattern and is an indoor antenna. One could use this for lighting up very specific areas like a flash light of sorts ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Adding to George's post.

the antenna you linked isn't Dual, it is for 2.4GHz only.  So IMO this would have gone on a 1230 or 1240 series AP.  You could still use it on 1600/2600/3500/3600, but you would need multiple to keep the higher 802.11n rates operational.

Most of the Antenna that are listed as Dual are Dual Banded like the AIR-ANT2544V4M-R.  In this case dual means that it is for 2.4GHz and 5GHz on the same leads, as that is required with the newer AP to have both frequencies operational

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards