cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5520 WLC HA (AP/Client SSO): 10G interfaces one DC, 1G other DC?

Paolo Flores
Level 1
Level 1

G'day wireless gurus,

We have a couple of 5520 WLCs we want to put in HA AP/Client SSO across data centres (layer 2 cross-connect). The issues is there is only 10G connectivity at one data centre, and 1G at the other. I'm pretty sure we can't do HA across them because the config syncs across and we can't configure both the 10G and 1G interfaces to have the same function.

I was just hoping someone here can tell me I'm wrong and find a way around it!

Cheers!

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use DWDM/CWDM to expand the amount of "fibres ports" from each DC.

Seems a bit excessive just for the WLC on the other side but is an option. Worst case I guess I can just do 2x1G at both sites.

Seems a bit excessive just for the WLC on the other side but is an option.

It is excessive if all Management can think of connecting on 10 Gbps is the WLC.  As soon as a this light is available, EVERYONE will want their machines to be on a 10 Gbps link.

Ahh sorry forgot to mention they will be moving to 10G at the other DC in a future project, but at this stage there isn't. Other choice is to put both WLCs at 10G at the primary DC and physically migrate it later, or 1G for now and upgrade later (if necessary). Sound good?

Good `nuf.

Same temporary problem here...

'Physical mode' on ports is auto - So, would HA-SSO work anyway with 10G at one side and 1G at the other?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: