cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5580 & multicast (bonjour)

hollap-sn
Level 1
Level 1

I have just completed an 18AP install at my place of employment and we have run into a slight problem.

The Apple clients on our wireless LAN cannot discover printers through the bonjour protocol.

Am I correct in saying this would be related to either a unicast or multicast issue?

Can someone point me in the correct direction on how to begin configuring either unicast or multicast between the 5508's and other switching devices.

Currently I have the 2 5508's patched into a 3750 (which provides routing) and from that switch on, the other AP's connect from the network.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Enable Multicast Globally on the WLC..

WLC GUI >> Controller >> Multicast >> Enable Global Multicast >> Enable Snooping >> Let the timeout be in defaults (60 seconds)..

and follow the below link..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807cc10d.shtml

lemme know if this helps and please dont forget to rate hte usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

i am having similar issues .. I enable snooping from 3 to 15 min... Now i am able to print or printer shows up for 15 min then it disappear again until I restart the printer again... This happen to two different printers

its a AIR-WLC2112-K9

Product version 5.1.151.0 boot loader: 4.0.191.0

Airprint may not be compatible with IGMP snooping -- I've seen cases where igmp snooping needs to be disabled for reliable service. I'm not sure if Airprint can be configured to participate in IGMP.

-Pat

if i disable IGMP snooping then it doesn't even show up on the iphones or ipads.. its says printer cannot be found

if i restart the printer again its availble for 15 min or so then it disappers -

printer  epson artisan 837

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card