Views
Helpful
Replies

5760 Clients loose connection to everything but WLC

Kyle Fine
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I've experienced this issue on three seperate occasions now. What happens is that a connected client will suddenly loose connectivity to everything but the ap registration address of the 5760 wireless contorller. A reset of the affected AP resolves the issue. I believe it's occuring on a per ap basis as opposed to globaly. It's as if the AP looses its mind and isn't encapsulating the traffic correctly in the capwap tunnel. I'm not looking for a resolution as that is probably a code upgrade which is not available. Just wondering if any one else is experiencing or heard of this issue.

Switch Ports Model              SW Version        SW Image              Mode  

------ ----- -----              ----------        ----------            ----  

*    1 6     AIR-CT5760         03.03.01SE        ct5760-ipservicesk9   INSTALL

AP Model 3702I

Thanks,

Kyle

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What happens if you restart the wireless NIC?

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

The client attempts to reconnecto to the SSID but is not able to obtain DHCP, which is assume is because it cant ACK the DHCP offer but I haven't done a packet capture. I'll get a wireshark capture when it happens again.

This isn't happening when users are switching to different SSID's?

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

No. This is occurring while the client is attempting to sustain a connection to a single SSID (not switching ssids). This has happened to APs in different AP Groups and happens to all SSIDs being broadcast by the AP regardless of what vlan they are tied back to.

Kyle,

Your probably better off opening a TAC case on this to get it resolved faster.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

What happens is that a connected client will suddenly loose connectivity to everything but the ap registration address of the 5760 wireless contorller. A reset of the affected AP resolves the issue

Sounds like a bug for sure , talk to TAC as scott suggested.

Update us whatever the TAC findings

HTH

Rasika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card