Views
Helpful
Replies

7.4 Release and Netflow for Flexconnect APs

iibesis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

With WLC 7.4 release we can now export Netflow from controller . Does anyone know if this is possible to export Netflow from Flexconnect AP ? Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If memory serves me correct, the answer is "no".  It's only valid for local mode WAP.

Thanks for response. Do you know if it's planned for next releases ?

In my opinion, AVAC and NetFlow both require local-mode WAP.  It'll be difficult for H-REAP/Flexconnect WAP to have either one (or both) of these application.

Wait `til you see the new wireless architecture, Unified Access, and you'll see why.  Unified Access will be unveiled on January 2013.

Leolaohoo is correct.  Cisco Wireless NetFlow Support is coming in January 2013.  We've tested it. 

7.4 is already out.  I've loaded it and tested the AVAC.  I've noticed something wierd with AVAC so far and I've disabled it.

iibesis
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks leolaohoo and Jake for these informations and good news in January 2013 ! Bye.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: