cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7925G Loses Network Connectivity After Registering

tom.rusterholz
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to register a 7925G to our CUCM v.8.6.  Everything in the beginning of the boot process goes fine:

1. Phone receives IP address from DHCP
2. Phone communicates with TFTP server and successfully downloads configurations and firmware
3. Phone attempts to register to primary Subscriber

At this point, the phone suddenly begins cycling through several network connectivity errors: Locating Network Services, Network Busy, Leaving Service Area, Connection Failed.

This occurs on firmware versions 1.4.5.3 and 1.4.6.3--note that the phone is able to successfully connect to the TFTP server and download firmware.

A continuous ping of the phone's IP reveals that it is pingable through the boot process, then becomes unreachable once it tries to register.

Could a configuration error possibly compromise a phone's network connectivity?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

5 Replies 5

ali aqrabawi
Level 3
Level 3

ok so you confirm that the phone connect to wireless correctly , and the ping at the first phase is fine ,

but once the phone is  trying to register to CUCM issues appear , 

do this test :let the client to connect to wireless but prevent it from registering on the CUCM , 

and then monitor the client connection if it's reliable and fine , also you can view the site suvrey application on the phone to check the APs coverage at that site , to make sure that there is no issues with the wireless side 

have you tried to check the phone logs ? set the logging to debugs , and share them .

I am attaching debug logs--I only set Wireless and Network settings to debug to prevent flooding the logs.

I have been able to duplicate this issue on a second 7925G.  Everything about the boot/registration process went as expected, including download of firmware & AOM files.  At the last step of registration, it began experiencing the same connectivity errors as above.

I removed one phone's configuration from CUCM and performed a factory reset.  It is displaying the "Not In Service" error, but is maintaining network connectivity.

I know Platinum QoS is the requested standard for WLANs supporting 7925s.  We are not configured for Platinum on our wireless but I wouldn't think that would have such a drastic impact on all network function.

Edit: I did also check Site Survey mode and confirmed there is widespread channel availability.

will what i can see from the logs that after the phone take the 802.1d and 802.1h setting it keep disassociating from the AP :

2042 Func: wlan_disassociated_event_callback Disassociated Event

i'm smelling an incompatibility/non-supported issue , ,

what is the phone -E/-A ? 

can you share :

debug cleint <client MAC> // while the issue is occuring , 

show run-config //

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1.  Describe your wireless infrastructure; 

2.  Describe the WLAN settings; and

3.  Can you try with OPEN authentication and see if the phone works?

JAMES THOMAS
Level 1
Level 1

Were you able to resolve this?  Since the beginning of time our phone had a similar issue, but only after you dialed a call.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card