Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

SYS light was flashing,

SYS light was flashing, console unresponsive, power cycle appears to have resolved it. APs downloading now.

Highlighted
Beginner

Not exactly the same as you,

Not exactly the same as you, but similar enough to mention.

I had an issue with 8.1.131 (I think that version) where pre-downloading software to the APs left the controller unresponsive. We have around 2000 APs. I couldn't SSH into it and the console didn't even respond. SNMP still worked as did syslog. Regular Wi-Fi traffic was unaffected. Everything returned to normal once pre-download finished.

We noticed the issue because Prime reported that both of the WLC power supplies had failed, which was obviously bogus.

Weirdness.

Highlighted
Beginner

Are there any reasons 8.2.151

Are there any reasons 8.2.151 not to be the suggested image for WLC 5520 but to be for the others?

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi

Hi

No reason, it was a minor error on the suggestion rule, I just updated it , thanks for reporting 

regards

Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Javier,

Hello Javier,

yesterday a security advisory was released regarding WME DoS vulnerability (CSCva86353)

There is however no explicit statement, if 8.2.151.0 is vulnerable or not. We are currently planning to roll out this image to our WLCs and would need a confirmation, if this vulnerability affects this release or not.

Best Regards,
Patrick

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Patrick

Hi Patrick

it is explicitly mentioned on the advisory and on the bug release notes, that version 8.2.130.0 and higher are fixed, thus 140,  150.0, etc. and anything after are not affected

regards

Highlighted
Beginner

Hello, do the 8.2.151.0 code

Hello, do the 8.2.151.0 code was the last from this train? Are there going to be more releses from 8.2 or we should focus on 8.3/4 ?

My concern is 1/2/3800 APs.

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hello

Hello

we plan to do an additional 82MR6 for July timeframe, the interim code is already available here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13284941/82mr6-interim-release-availability

you can request access

This is the last planned release for 8.2 train, from that point, we will focus on 8.3 moving forward as next MD long life rlease

Regards

Highlighted
Beginner

8.2.160.0(ED) is out for some

8.2.160.0(ED) is out for some days. :)

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad

Cisco COVID-19 Survey