Views
Helpful
Replies

802.11n aggregation in WGB mode

Eduard Polyakov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I noticed this message during the startup when upgrading AP 1262 to 15.2(2)JB in the workgroup bridge mode:

"Disabling 802.11n aggregation in WGB/Repeater/NRB mode"

I hope that someone can clarify why aggregation is disabled and if this is specific to the new IOS or not. Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well from what I know is that Cisco wasn't going to support 802.11n for these types of connections and only really to support clients. Now you can get PTP bridges to communicate at 802.11n but that doesn't mean Cisco supports it. They also maybe removed the ability for these functions to support 802.11n. A few years back I was able to link two 1252's close range and connect with N rates. Don't know if that still exists or not though.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well from what I know is that Cisco wasn't going to support 802.11n for these types of connections and only really to support clients. Now you can get PTP bridges to communicate at 802.11n but that doesn't mean Cisco supports it. They also maybe removed the ability for these functions to support 802.11n. A few years back I was able to link two 1252's close range and connect with N rates. Don't know if that still exists or not though.

-Scott

Eduard Polyakov
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks! I know that N rates can be enabled and statistics show using these rates. I guess I would have to capture traffic and see if any aggregation happens upstream.

How did you enable "N" rates?

Please rate all helpful posts. Was the issue resolved? (Mark as "Answered")

Well if your talking about autonomous access points. Here is a link you can reference.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/1002597

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2054733

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a0080b42507.shtml

-Scott

Thank you for your quick reply Scott.

All data rates and MCS options are set correctly, however the throughput that I get through the bridge seems low...

I wonder what is the highest data throughput possible on these APs in bridge mode...

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate all helpful posts. Was the issue resolved? (Mark as "Answered")

Well if you are close eight to obtain the highest modulation you should be able to see 300mbps on the 5ghz with 40mhz channel width enabled. Now it doesn't mean you will achieve that when its mounted and distance or obstruction plays a part. If your bridge is close you should be able to achieve N rates but typically if your shooting the link pretty far you will see lower rates.

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can issue a show controller dot11radio 1 to see the rate the 5ghz connects to.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: