cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1X Authentication Failure

brownrl
Level 4
Level 4

I have a Cisco 5508 Wireless Controller with a mixture of 1142, 3502 and 3602 access points.  My problem is that I have users that keep getting an unauthenticated error, I have it set up with a Radius server handing out the addresses connecting through AD.  When looking through the logs on the WLC I find users with no IP address, I then put their mac address into my Cisco Prime Client troubleshooter and it comes back with the 802.1X Authentication Failure.  Anyone else experience this or know an answer?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what do the log on the NPS server say about the users that are unable to authenticate?

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what do the log on the NPS server say about the users that are unable to authenticate?

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card