cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8821 not displaying all WLAN security modes

bryant036
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to select WPA/WPA2 as the security mode for the 8821 WLan settings. However, when I go to the phone the choices I get are only WEP, PSK, EAP-FAST, EAP-TLS, PEAP-GTC, and PEAP-MSCHAPv2. I updated to the latest firmware and I also looked through the settings on Call Manager and did not see any options for adding WLAN security modes. 

Is there some sort of configuration that is missing on the WLAN controller?

Thank you in advance

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@bryant036 wrote:

I am trying to select WPA/WPA2 as the security mode for the 8821 WLan settings.

Something is missing here.  What key management style are you using?  PSK?  CCKM?   Choose either WPA or WPA2 (WPA2 recommended) but don't enable both. 

@bryant036 wrote:

I updated to the latest firmware and I also looked through the settings on Call Manager and did not see any options for adding WLAN security modes. 

What "latest firmware"?  For stability purposes, use 11.0(3)SR6.  Don't use anything in the 11.0(4)SR train because it's not mature.

Hi Leo,

Thank you for your response. I dont have much experience with these wireless phones so when you mean key management style..is that a setting on the phone you are referring to? Currently I do not get WPA and WPA2 as a choice on the phone for security mode.

I will go ahead and install that firmware.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card