cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A question about licenses

s.hellman
Level 1
Level 1

We have, until now, used traditional licensing on our Prime Infrastructure. But now when we have started to buy 9115 accespoints we have to buy DNA-licenses, that include Smart-licenses for Prime. I have no experience with Smart-licenses...

The Smart-licenses have an expiring date, if we change to smart-licensing on Prime, will that mean that the licenses will expire after a few years and we will have to buy them again?

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

As per my knowledge, there will be no loss in functionality simply due to the fact that Cisco isn't enforcing the licensing at them moment. That could change tomorrow so you should stay on top of it, however they aren't right now

As of right now if your licenses expire you will get many times warnings from your SMART account as well as DNA-C but that is about it. Of course the best course of action is to renew your licenses before expiration because you never know when they will begin enforcing.

For more info, you will need to contact your sales rep about this.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Just did this last week.
On a positive note, if you login to your SMART licensing center, you should see all the AP licenses there, including the old ones (at least in my case). But I'm missing the PI-BASE license in the SMART, that is still in the traditional licensing system. I'm currently working with licensing team to get my old PI-BASE license moved to SMART, I hope without costs. There is not really a way back, once you switched to SMART on the Prime.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card