cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A radio on lightweight APs periodically go down

mmletzko
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 4402 controller running code 6.0.196.0 - APs periodically lose their A radio.  Resetting the AP brings the radio back online, but after a few weeks or so, an AP's A radio will do it again.  It's not always the same AP, but there is one particular AP that's had this happen more often than others and it's always just the A radio.

Could this be a bug in the code?  Or is this a hardware issue?

I can open a case but thought I'd throw it out on the forum first.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sounds like a bug to me... you should upgrade to v7.0.240.0 or v7.0.250.0. Upgrade and see if the problem goes away.  Depending on how old your AP's are and if its certain ones, then maybe the AP is going bad.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the quick reply Scott.  Working on opening a case with Cisco right now to see.  The same AP has done this 3 times in the last few months, but I've seen other APs do it too.  Those are also my 2 guesses - either a hardware issue or a code-related issue.  Since it's usually the same AP, would lean toward hardware, but just can't be sure yet.

If you have other AP's that are the same model and are not having issues, then most likely its an issue with those AP's.  You would see crash files in the flash that can give you an idea of what happened.  I would upgrade the code also on the WLC, but make sure your ap's are supported on the code version.

Keep this matrix handy:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/virtual-wireless-controller/113677-virtual-wlan-dg-00.html

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: