Views
Helpful
Replies

Access point cant associate with WLC.

Ahmed Ayaad
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I can ping for primary and secondary WLC from my indoor access point but when goto Wireless Lan Controller i didnt found the AP.

iam try ping to AP from WLC but WLC didnt ping it. please Advice how i can solve this issue knowing that i used option 43 to discover the controller

Thanks,

7 Replies 7

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like you don't have L3 reach ability between he AP and WLC. Do you have the correct gateways configured?

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

where i can configure gateway the AP is LAP ??

Here is how you set IP address, Gateway & Controller IP address for a LAP via its console.

LAP#debug capwap console cli

LAP#capwap ap ip address

LAP#capwap ap ip default-gateway 
LAP#capwap ap controller ip address 

See whether in this way AP get registered to your WLC ?

By the way what is the AP model & what is the WLC model & software code you are running.

Still not success post the AP console output during this process

Refer this post to see how AP registration process works

http://mrncciew.com/2013/03/17/ap-registration/

HTH

Rasika

***** Pls rate all useful responses *****  

lAP model 1042

WLC model 7.0, but i have many access point with the same model and assocciated to WLC without any configuration. so why i must give the LAP static IP and static gateway and controller. please givce me ur feedback.

Thanks,

you do not want to give a static IP, since you asked how to set gateway for a AP I mentioned all those.

Post your AP console output since it is booting up, that will tells what's the reason it cannot register.

Have you enable any AP policy on your WLC ?

Rasika

Can you please post the output to the following commands: 

1.  WLC:  sh sysinfo;

2.  WLC:  sh time;

3.  AP:  sh version;

4.  AP:  sh  inventory; and

5.  AP:  sh ip interface brief

nouraj jaman
Level 1
Level 1

Try doing a hard factory reset to the AP and then it should join as rest of your AP's have.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: