cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Point IP Ratings?

andrew-mccabe
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco are regularly quoted as saying Aironet 1240/1250 series AP's are designed for challenging environments. What I want to know is what are the 1240/1250 series AP's IP ratings. Anyone?

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"challenging environments" means the physical environment.  The 1240/1250 as you can tell is built around an all-metal chassis to protect itself from the environment.  Sure it's not water proof or water resistant but it was designed to be sturdy.  This family of APs are designed for industrial use and designed to be deployed in wide open spaces such as theatres/cinemas, warehouse, hangars, etc.

IngAndrew
Level 1
Level 1

However... What is the IP rating of Cisco AP1242?

"challenging" is ambiguous in context but to not publish/disclose the ratings required in order to completely design a solution fit-for-purpose puts Cisco at a disadvantage. To state that for example a 1240 is designed for warehouses, theatres etc is a little simplistic and we nor Cisco cannot contain the industry verticals in which to operate, again a disadvantage to Cisco.

Designing a solutioin for a vitreous manufacturing plant for example, where fine dust and water dictates the solution, you would want to know that the equipment you are investing in can cope with the environmental challenges in which it is dealt.

Anyway, I have done some digging and come up with the following. I believe this to be as accurate as can be.

Antenna ratings are not published but environmental controls can be viewed on the datasheets.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps7183/ps469/product_data_sheet09186a008022b11b_ps6521_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Hi,

Please mark the Question as Answered if the provided information is correct and issue is fixed.

thanks,
Vinay

Thanks & Regards

Hi,

I cannot mark my own thread as correct.

Regards,

Andrew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card