Views
Helpful
Replies

Access point recommendation

vchipghadimi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

We are going to setup VoWlan in two 5 Km Tunel with Cisco AP and phones . ( We have Fiber and ethernet as backbone for each AP)

We already done a  sample project in 2 km tunnel with Cisco 1552 Ap and 7925G phones + 5508 Controller.

But For this new project we have budget problem so we decided to use cisco 1310G Access point (Connectorized with Dual 5.2 Omni antenna ) + 7925G phones and anothr 5508 controller.

Each radio will be installed in 300 meter ditance from each other and even in some area distance will be 250 meter , totale 35 ap will be installed .

1-So is it ok to go with 1310 AP to use in VoWlan with 7925G phones?

2-Is there any limitation with my controller to use Region A radio ( Currently we are using Region E Radio with our controller )

3-What in best distance for installation of ap's

4-If 1300 series is not ok which AP will you recommend ( Pls take care of Budget)

Thank you

4 Replies 4

vchipghadimi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Again ,

35 Veiw and no reply , i appretiated if you have any comment for above post .

Thank you

thomas03usmcsf
Level 1
Level 1

Why did you choose the 1310? 300 meters seems way to far to separate waps for mobility roaming.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Thomas ,

As i said we have budget problem becouse of that we choose 1310, is it too far ( 300 meter)  for those ap?

We already deployed with 1552 each 350 meter and it is working well .

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Yes you planned solution is fine,

2nd option is that use the same 1310AP but with 12 or 13.5 dbi antenna gain, which definitely increase the coverage and reduce the number of APs

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card