Helpful
Replies

Access Point Summary (4402)

TC2013
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a WLC with 35 AP configured.

In the monitor page of the WLC there is an Access Point Summary Section to show the radios.

The 'all APs' section has one more ap than the other radios.

Sometimes it will go down to 34 AP's but a page refresh see's it go back up to 35.

There should be 35 AP's total but I do have one off at the moment as I am waiting for a new switch.

Is there a way to find out whats going on with this?

Ap Summary

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Maybe the last AP is downloading the firmware.  

Hi Leo,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Its been like this for a few days. I changed one AP two days ago but that is was visable on the controller pretty much straight away.

Is there a way to get the list of ALL AP's and the A,B,G radios? then I can compare.

At present I cant even select them all and copy them it wont select them all :( tried FF and IE

Thanks

Ok, then there's only one possible thing left and I've seen quiet a few APs do this.  

The AP reports three things:  The unit itself, and the two radios.  

So what you are seeing is the AP is reporting that the unit is operational, however, the slim chance of both the radios going into a state of "unsupported" is what you are seeing.  It's nothing to be alarmed off.  It's just a false state.  You may need to go to the entire list of your APs and go to the "Interface" tab and make sure that "Admin Status" is reporting as "Enabled" and "Oper Status" is reporting as "OK".    If it's reporting the "Oper Status" as "Down" or "Unsupported", then just reboot the AP.  

If after a reboot (or two) later and it's reporting the same thing, RMA the darn AP.

Thanks Leo,

I went through every AP and all had admin status to enabled on both radios and Oper Status was UP on both radios.

Maybe I should just reboot them all anyway?

Maybe I should just reboot them all anyway?

Sure.  Give that a try.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card