cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access-Point

Hiko
Level 1
Level 1

Access Point AIR-SAP1602I-E-K9 Acess point connect to Wirelless Controller and add to AP groups and i save configuration everthing is ok but when I lan cable plug out from AP after again turn on All configuration deleted . for example  hostname deleted does not join to Ap groups what is the reason? How can i solve this prolem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Hiko,

Seem like your issue is related to Field Notice: FN - 70330:

Problem Description

Some Cisco IOS® Access Points (APs) report no flash access or file system corruption after an AP reboot. This is most commonly seen when a Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) is upgraded.

The corruption can cause these conditions on the AP:

• The AP is unable to save the configuration.
  • The AP is unable to perform an upgrade.
  • The AP loses configuration.
  • The AP is stuck in a booting loop.
  • The AP is in bootloader status.

Workaround/Solution

Solution

Caution: Before an upgrade, run the Wireless LAN (WLAN) Poller tool in order to identify affected Cisco IOS APs on the network and fix them.

Refer to the document Understanding Various AP-IOS Flash Corruption Issues in order to understand how to recover APs with flash issues and for details about how to install and run the WLAN Poller tool.

Upgrade the WLC to AireOS Release 8.5.140.0 or Release 8.3MR4Esc (Release 8.3.143.7 or later) in order to obtain the fixes for the issues listed in the Defect Information section. In order to obtain the Release 8.3MR4Esc image, contact the Technical Assistance Center (TAC).

Notes:

• If you upgrade to a fixed version before you run the WLAN Poller tool, there is a risk that your Cisco IOS APs will be stranded during the upgrade.
  • If the WLAN Poller tool needs to recover affected APs, it will cause those APs to reload once the image is downloaded and installed. Ensure that you run the WLAN Poller tool in a maintenance window.
  • If it is not possible to upgrade the WLC to a fixed code version at this time, and you see that a significant number of APs enter into this state, you should run the WLAN Poller tool every 30 days or more frequently until you can upgrade.

How To Identify Affected Products

These are the only Cisco IOS AP models affected: 1600, 1700, 2600, 2700, 3600, and 3700 Series APs.

<<< Please help the community by marking useful posts helpful, or accept as a solution if it resolved your issue >>>

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Maybe it’s an issue with the flash.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi
If I change image can I solve?

Jurgens L
Level 3
Level 3
What version software is your WLC running and is this only happening to the one specific AP?

Only one Ap happening this problem so other AP working is normall

No... it’s an issue with the AP hardware not the image.
-Scott

how can I check It ? I want know that it is exactly hardware problem

Flash is a hardware. You can try another image and see if once you reboot if the config keeps.
-Scott

Thanks I Will try

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Hiko

What version code you running and WLC model

To me its sounding like the AP has a corrupt flash.

I'm taking it the AP is joining back to the same controller as well?

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

I will try change new image so solved problem

gnc20
Level 1
Level 1

this only happening to the one specific AP?

Then it’s a bad AP.
-Scott

I'm taking it the AP is joining back to the same controller as well?  https://audacity.onl/ https://findmyiphone.onl/ https://origin.onl/

yes only one specific AP happening this problem
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card